If you could do anything and get paid for it, what would it be? I’d travel the world and blog. That’s not in the cards just yet, so for now, I live near the beach and spend my days producing content, writing and leading a talented team of copywriters and video producers.
I’m a storyteller by nature, whether I’m extolling the virtues of the latest tech product for real estate agents, helping a wealth manager to the stars deliver tips for retirement on Forbes.com or teaching independent contractors about personal branding on social media. My career has spanned the full range of communications, from social media and internal communications to marketing, thought leadership, ghost writing and public relations. I’m also a team lead, strategic planner and problem solver.
With a career this varied, I’ve had the opportunity to do some really cool things along the way. I’ve taken travel writers skeet shooting in Montana and kayaking on Sanibel Island. I ghost-wrote a 50,000-word book on marketing in the Heartland. Dealt with PETA protesters dressed as chickens. Crafted a Fair Housing social media campaign to celebrate diversity. Wrote a podiatry website covering every gross thing you can imagine about the human foot. Led VisitScotland’s Tartan Week events and massive publicity program in Grand Central Station. Wrote blog posts about everything from real estate franchising to visiting Walt Disney World. Launched an electronic doggy door at the Westminster Dog Show. Wheedled my way into an on-air product mention at The Today Show, not once, not twice, but three separate times. And my crowning achievement – spearheaded the marketing for a ridiculously opulent $139M luxury mansion on the beach, which generated so much web traffic, it shut the company’s server down.
My teams have also won a few awards along the way from ANA, IHAF, PRSA, FPRA, Addies and HSMAI, to name a few.
Some random facts about me:
- I’m a stickler for details and consistency and feel guilty when I throw resumes out because they have one typo. (But not that guilty.)
- My passions are family, palm trees, the beach, flamingos, any shade of blue, UK basketball (blue), my Jeep Wrangler (blue), my Great Dane rescue (not blue) and apocalyptic/zombie movies.
- I despise the Oxford comma, ampersands, the phrase “state of the art” and semicolons.
- I love bullets and em dashes.
- My music tastes run from Led Zeppelin and My Chemical Romance to Duran Duran and Jimmy Buffett. (It’s a duality of man kind of thing.)
- I have a lot (like, a lot) of books and arrange them by color. It just looks prettier that way.
- Making a difference is what makes me tick, whether I’m creating a program that drives a business goal, helping a friend in need or educating people on the urgent need to address climate change.
Interested? I’d love to hear from you. Click here to connect.